POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I bake UV textures with Povray? : Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray?
From: ekolis
Date: 20 Aug 2004 16:30:00
Message: <web.41265e718e935cee8d515f450@news.povray.org>
That's right; that's exactly what I'm looking for - I want to sample the
texture at every point on the mesh and map it to a UV plane. So Povray
can't do this? Oh well, I guess I'll find another way...

(SDL is Renderman, right? I know Aqsis can do it with an experimental plugin
that it has; maybe that plugin is Aqsis-specific and not for any Renderman
renderer...)